Basement Volunteers Candace Key, Emily Salcido, Annette Tancredi, and Laura Truffaut
Sorry, this podcast is no longer available. You can still listen to some other free shows, or browse additional shows for sale.
In this show:
- An interview with Ann Rubin and Laura Truffaut, of afghans for Afghans.
- Thoughts on using creative skills to bring comfort to people in need.
- A glimpse into what it takes to run this amazing project.
The Basement at the American Friends Service Committee
Links to many topics discussed in the interview:
- Explore the afghans for Afghans website.
- Photo galleries of Afghan people with their knitted and crocheted gifts.
- Learn more about the CURE Hospital Campaign for newborns in Kabul.
- Browse Afghan themed knitting patterns – an afghans for Afghans fundraiser.
- Participate in Heidi’s knit and crochet-along for Afghanistan.
- Read How Knitting for Charity Changed My Life, by afghans for Afghans volunteer Candice Key.
- Read about Mason-Dixon Knitting’s Afghanalong.
- Learn a little bit of craftivism history, from the Red Cross Knitters.