Sorry, this podcast is no longer available. You can still listen to some other free shows, or browse additional shows for sale.
In this show:
- Find out what really goes into writing and publishing a craft book.
- Discussion of agents: do you need one?
- And how has the blogosphere affected craft book publishing?
- Visit Chronicle Books online.
- Kate McKean can be found online at the Howard Morhaim Literary Agency website.
- Kate mentioned Publishers Marketplace as great resource for keeping track of craft book deals.
- Christina mentioned Publisher’s Weekly.
- Here’s a good outline of what goes into a book proposal.
- Here’s a very thorough article on proposal writing.
- Definitely read this post on book proposals from an editor’s view, at the Chronice Books Blog.
- And read this post on knitgrrl – even more perspectives from an author of many craft books.