You are here
CraftyPod #77: Publishing a Craft Book, with Christina Loff and Kate McKean
Sorry, this podcast is no longer available. You can still listen to some other free shows, or browse additional shows for sale.
In this show:
- Find out what really goes into writing and publishing a craft book.
- Discussion of agents: do you need one?
- And how has the blogosphere affected craft book publishing?
- Visit Chronicle Books online.
- Kate McKean can be found online at the Howard Morhaim Literary Agency website.
- Kate mentioned Publishers Marketplace as great resource for keeping track of craft book deals.
- Christina mentioned Publisher's Weekly.
- Here's a good outline of what goes into a book proposal.
- Here's a very thorough article on proposal writing.
- Definitely read this post on book proposals from an editor's view, at the Chronice Books Blog.
- And read this post on knitgrrl - even more perspectives from an author of many craft books.