You are here
CraftyPod #86: Indie Crafters and the Craft Industry, with Mike Hartnett
The Ranger Ink booth at CHA - always packed!
Sorry, this podcast is no longer available. You can still listen to some other free shows, or browse additional shows for sale.
In this show:
- An interview with Mike Hartnett, publisher of Creative Leisure News and veteran watcher of the craft supply industry.
- Thoughts on where the craft industry has been, and where it's headed.
- A fascinating look at the trends that have risen, fallen, and shaped the way we craft.
- Discussion of how the emerging indie crafter community fits into all this.
- Don't forget: you can email Mike with your perspectives on indie crafters - he'd love to hear them.
- This was the CHA and the Indies post here on CraftyPod that got this discussion started.
- Mike mentioned the CPSIA in the interview. Modern June has an excellent roundup of CPSIA-related links.
- We also talk some about the Craft & Hobby Association.