Sorry, this podcast is no longer available. You can still listen to some other free shows, or browse additional shows for sale.
In this show:
• Bettie Newell, and attorney and a crafter, helps us understand legal business structures, including Sole Proprietorships, LLCs, Corporations, and Partnerships.
• We talk about why these structures are important, and which ones might be best for what kinds of craft businesses.
• …And we talk about what’s involved in getting your business set up as one of these structures.
• If you’re in Oregon, Bettie recommends the Small Business Legal Clinic.
• Check to see if your community has a Mercy Corps office. Some of them offer small business classes.
• Another good resource is the Small Business Development Center, which exists in many states.
• Here’s how to apply for an Employer Identification (EIN) number
• Here’s a directory of state Secretary of State offices.